Friday, April 29, 2016

New Spaces Bring New Stories

There is nothing in this world that depress me more than the thought of having to wake up any time before 9 in the morning. So, I happened to be at Bang6 at 7:30 in the morning today. Imagine that! Add that to voluntary Ajax training. Add that to only ASE in a room full of 29 odd SMEs (Subject Matter Expert), all thanks to Abhimanyu’s last minute Mumbai plans. Self-patting moment :P

I realized today why people are so hunky dory about Bang6. It does not feel like Bangalore for one. The 6th floor two buildings wrapped cafeteria is NOTHING like KDC lastfloor cafeteria but most certainly, the best that you can get. Standing at the small bridge adjoining Tower A and C at the 8th floor and looking down at the open air Barista or the mid Park open air CCD which was so empty that it hardly looked like Accenture, or India for that matter. And to walk up to it all alone and have coffee. Self-patting moment, again :P

Oh, did I rant about the Bangalore heat yet? No right? See the adjusting and calm God I’ve become. So finally today, while I was standing at this open air bridge at the top floor (which was all empty because well, people work and I, hate Java and anything that is Java, Ajax here for that matter, so strolling is fine). So there was something between a Kalboishakhi breeze and summer loo which blew up my mind (in a good way). Have I ever told you that nothing in the world makes me as happy as breeze through my hair and face, in the filmiest way? THAT!

Ground floor has rooms hosting GFT kids. This reminded me of my days and how, last year this time with the earthquake, we were getting java cross trained. Ankita G, Raja, Diptarka, Isita- my ultimate four pillars of Java (and Oracle Apps, basic GFT, for that matter) who shed their blood and sweat (like literally) so that I pass. A year later, just one day of Ajax made me miss these people so much. But one good thing, of all that I was and am going through is, I’ve come to good terms with myself. I have actually started to like my company so much that I am very close to becoming unsocial, which is very UN-me (yeah put on Swag).

I took a long walk with one liter Sprite yesterday and finished the entire thing all by myself (yes the heat helped). I was actually at peace at not feeling bad about it, liking it in fact. I knew someone who dreamt of drinking milk straight out of carton to mark independence and some jazz; I somehow understood what it meant yesterday. Anju and Narmada looked in shock later while I went for lunch alone (and did not ask them while they walked towards Breakout for lunch) while Abhimanyu was Mumbai-bound, Anju accompanied me the day next but I actually did not feel bad either ways (ways is it correct English is it? Or is it either way? Somebody please tell! Oh that and also, too much Kannada English has taken a toll on me, my sentence end tone and a pronunciation-a). Never mind.

I remember a few years ago, I was having a very happy Lunch at Mocambo and there was this woman on the table next, with a book, all alone. I felt so bad for her that day, but now, I know it is not bad after all. It’s this sense of peace and contentment at your own company where you do not have to think, please or pretend. Of course it does and would take a toll if practiced for long because I, need to talk. But touchwood I have good people to talk to for now. Titoo commented at my Chocolate Milkshake break last day as ‘Bapre sukhi dupur toh. Sange Bihari partner’ and I corrected him, it was all me myself (by choice). Good bad I do not know.

Smita stays upset these days for issues that made her lonely and she is back to my phase where I believed that you need either your family or boyfriend here, to stay sane at this city. Maa keeps on making me feel old on good days and comforts me on bad days. More on these two later. I wonder why I keep on writing here. A published diary someday? You never know B-)

And this thing that says: ‘New spaces bring new stories’

So voids are good things is it? Apparently

:)

2 comments:

amrita said...

Ah Calvin - he can either make you feel good or nostalgic ! And new space is good you can get your two feet together and practice standing tall :) And I like to sit in a restaurant all by myself and read - done it plenty of times! Enjoy your space, spirit and Sprite - at times its good if you do not have to share :)

Abhishikta said...

Yesh. Lesson learnt the hard way but seekh gayi! ^_^
Jgd :)