Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Ides Of March

Half Pant!
The reason behind my sudden conclusion that the ides of March are not false after all and how?

Marriage is a well discussed topic in the household for most of us these days, especially when the ex is married/about to get married, especially when there is no ex and even then, there is no interest in shaadi, especially when the younger cousins are all set to get hitched. I fall into few of such categories and the Mommy keeps on bringing the topic, almost daily.

Easy way out? Give them your damn requirements and then, knowing me, the requirements would be such that no man would be found, the our-daughter-cannot-cook being the biggest highlight!!! :D
So one clause of mine being, the sasuma should not create a hoopla about my half pants. To this, the mother (my  Batman) who cooks worse Chicken Biryani and drives better car than the father objected. I was full in shock knowing the viewpoints of someone who has forever been the crusher of gender bias, Maa!

So I was wondering what is it about half pants that is so unacceptable? Everyone wears it, everyone!!!! Summers man! I cannot remember wearing anything but those at home all my life.  Come choitro sale and there would be new half pants!!! This topic might lead into a LOT of subtopics, of hypocrisy (mine) and what not. Anyway!

So Ides of March lesson number 1:
Half Pant = No shaadi
No half Pant = No shaadi
Who cares anymore anyway!
To life... AMEN
Also, Half Pant comrades, live long :D



2 comments:

Sejuti said...

Exactly​ so..It seems no other topic is left in the world for us..😂 every now n then they comes up with a suggestion of some stupid rista.. Phew..!! long live Singles and their half pants..!! 😝

Abhishikta said...

:D