Monday, October 8, 2018

Agomoni

It is heart warming how every year, year after year, Mahalaya brings the same chill and thrill. Be it the early twenties when Mahalaya brought me the strength to lift up my head and check the home morning sun, after consecutive days of 103 fever, or, the late twenties when living miles away from home, still looking for home, 4am youtube makes my soul twirl.

No interest in proving the 'happy' about Mahalaya, which otherwise is a poignant event, I will wake up very happy, sharp at 4, with or without the radio, judging all the probashi-s who are indifferent to Mahalaya's epicness (not that everyone in the city truly appreciates what it is, or acknowledges the day the way I do). Pujo is finally here!

Let's get sappy eyed, let's wake up happy eyed. For a change, for once in a year.

No comments: