Sunday, August 9, 2020

A Decade Since College Day1


 

10 years ago, today, I wore a maroon kurti, changed 4 sets of public transport to reach college. Day1.

10 years to hating and loving it. Pailan gave me my first flavor of true independence. Looking back, that orange-blue-white building which saw us jumping walls, breaking tube lights and missing bus for one more round of 29; has never been acknowledged. The cradle of our childhood, adulthood. Learning and growing up.

How much we mocked that place!
How much we wanted to get out of there!
How much we compared it to others, betters!

Today, looking back, there is a sense of repentance. Not about missing anything during college life, I still believe I had one of those Bollywood Blockbuster prospect college life stories; the repentance is not for giving Pailan its due.

So here is to the Alma Mater, less talked about, less liked, less thanked.

Pailan,
For the Bangla songs that I would have never known, the guitar that I would have never bought.
For the million mannats that I would have never kept, the interview night that I would have never experienced
For the stage, the dreams, the graphs, the poems.
For the best friends.
For the first love.
For SD16-S31-76
And so much more.

Happy First Decade
I have always secretly loved you.

2 comments:

amrita said...

Happy birthday. Stay beautiful, safe and strong.

Abhishikta said...

Oh Aunty! Thank you :')