Sunday, October 24, 2021

Bengal-uru




Bangalore has always had a love hate relationship with me. It has helped me grow, it has helped me be independent in ways that even Bollywood has not made movies about, it has given me solace in the darkest of nights when Hyderabad was lit in love and wine. Bangalore will forever have a big piece of my heart in yellow💛 and red ♥️ where I wake up when I want, drink when I want and even skip taking bath, whenever I want. Noone stops me from drinking ThumsUp three times in a day, noone rolls their eyes if there is no Rui Machh made or had, for weeks. Bangalore of peoples' dreams, Bangalore of my adulthood!

A city which I could never call home, a city which could never become home. Have to move back to it in almost a month, for a new chapter, a hopeful one, BUT, for a long long time, and this time, maybe forever. Still wondering to be happy or sad about it. Covid and lockdown made me used to home so much that I'd trade RB'r pasher adda over Marathalli in a heartbeat. Mangsho bhaat over Apple Cider, any day! 

The last one year at Kolkata was like a stolen aam from last night's storm at school which you know, would eventually be taken off by the Prefects but you hold on to it, as long as you can, smell the tangy perfect aroma till they snatch it away from you. Kolkata, my one true love, I have no idea when would I be capable enough to start living in you again, forever.

Till then, Booze, Brewery, Bangalore. Hollow Happy City, here we go, again. 

No comments: