Saturday, January 1, 2011

Of aims and wishes and reality...

First and foremost, Happy new Year everyone...
The fist day of the year made me super happy. As I logged in to fb I smiled at the friend request sent by Antara. Now she is no best friend of mine but I know her from class X mock tests at Shubhrashish. Then we joined and left two tuitions in class XI and XII together because the teachers never made sense... we were below average.

Now the point of all this is, the first thing I noticed at her profile was her info. She had been out of touch for the last few months, her number changed and nobody knew what she was doing and where she was. Okay so the college column says "Symbiosis Law School, Noida"
I called up the best friend right then to tell her about Antara. Why? Because I was numb.

Okay, Antara had science in plus two but she always wanted to be a lawyer, she always wanted to do her llb from symbi. She is one of the FEW friends (Protiti-MBBS from CNMC, Debayudh-JUDE) who is doing what she always wanted to do.
Most of my friends are happily studying whatever they are studying... but somehow doesn't go to the college they wanted to go to or studying what they wanted to study (names not required)

I remembering dozing in NC's class with her. While the class gulped down the IIT ka porashuna, Antara had her bluetooth and was amogst the few of us who gave a damn about the nonsense going on. The last thing she wanted to do was Engineering, Lawyer was something she dreamed to be... and she made me very proud today... very

No comments: