Monday, July 7, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars



Watched this heartbreakingly BEAAAAAUTIFUL movie today! Ah! I so wish I had not downloaded that hall version from Torrent last week and sneaked into Wikipedia for the onside story. I also wish I had read the book. But all that does not matter anymore.
There was his monologue by Hazel in the movie that says that the best day of a person (a cancer patient to be more specific) seems like just an ordinary day before the worse days tuck in and the average day that was, suddenly starts to be the best! I am a “shitty” writer and could not transform the beautiful thought to an understandable and deep version, neither could I find the quote/ dialogue online. However, I don’t know about best days, but I do know that today was a perfect day. An average perfect day. A very very average day. Which now when I think, was just perfect!

Quest has been this money sucking machine but thank god they turned the prices down and I could awe at this BIIIIIIG inox! I mean the Quest probably has the biggest INOX of Kolkata and what pretty mats and colours and beautifully aligned chairs. Also, I would also go up to the extent of saying that the Zomato reviews of KFC of Quest are a little misleading. I thought it is better than SCM! Ah. But all of these do not matter again. I watched the most spectacular love story today. I know am exaggerating a LOT and the movie may be over hyped but I LOVED it. The little dialogues which were so powerful that it could make you land in a bundle of puddle. I was so deeply engrossed in the movie and busy handling the blowing nose that comes with the ugly water puddle every time that I did not notice anyone else. I later heard that this guy on the other row had his handkerchief all wet as well. Awww!

About the movie. What should I say. GO WATCH! Not many movies can make me cry when I am watching it with people. This movie has these dialogues that will make you wish to run and give Hazel and Gus the biggest bear hug.


"I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.” 
Oh my God! Imagine a guy saying that to you. I would choke away to death later. Or,


“ I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.
I wish and hope and pray that never in my life I face a situation like the one in which it was said in the movie. The lines however, I could dedicate right away. “Always”


“"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.” 
Now this is something I have experienced. Not the promise bit. But the theme. Oh my God! The line is just so amazing in itself. Scary and amazing. Wow.

And I am sure I am missing a few choking dialogues and quotes from the movie. And the ending letter that ends with,“What else? She is so beautiful. You don’t get tired of looking at her. You never worry if she is smarter than you: You know she is. She is funny without ever being mean. I love her. I am so lucky to love her, Van Houten. You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers."
I hope too! I hope.


Man! What a beautifully heartbreaking movie. They say tragedy sells best. They are so right. However, you would watch this movie and relate to many portions and yet wish that NONE of those happen to you. There was this very beautiful kiss in the pirated version of the movie which they edited away at Quest. Idiots. But these were many beautiful ones. Like the Anne Frank house one of course. However, this was just beautiful. And Perfect. And heartbreaking.
When I read this a month from now, I am sure I will understand I am doing a little bababari but today, I am just so pleased with a movie and obsessed. After so long. THIS pleased. I would pick anyone by his/her collar and make him/her watch this beauty. I would also soon be downloading and appreciating and clapping again. The star crossed lovers!
*Bows*
*Sobs*
Okay? Okay.




2 comments:

amrita said...

aah!I can just feel it...just the kind of movie that I am going t moon over and cry and feel good about doing so :)!

Abhishikta said...

ha just dekho eta! very sappy and romantic and beautiful!