Tuesday, December 1, 2015

How Long Can You Keep A Paper Umbrella You Loved

Interesting title? It is. Came across this line on one of the many write-ups that I have been reading all day long for the last few days, nonstop. Jobless? Yes! No shit. This along with Ankita Saha’s (Yes I have way too many Ankita’s in my life) dp (posted later), made me miss Kolkata all the more. The St Pauls Cathedral (its lookalike at Chennai) where she stands so pretty in her dp has been the cradle of my childhood especially (and only) because of the awesome schooling that I had. So much missing made me buy over priced tickets to the Promised Land, even during this time of utter poverty where new Pyjamas have become too much of luxury. And Noone can be blamed of course!


Because, other than the obvious and much talked about, when I close-my-eyes!
St Pauls- Nandan- Bridge- Bk Market Goli- Right- Piccadilly- School- Left- Mrs.Naik’s- Right- KV- Left- Raina’s- right- Patha Bhavan- Straight- Gariahat- Left- Bijan Setu- Straight-  Right- Left-  Munnididi’s- Rathtala- Right- Masjid- Left- Right- Pukur- KayosthoPara- Right- Ramlal- Left- Safui- Straight- Khaal- Right- Left- Straight- Purple House!
Pocha told me a while ago that she wants to take up her Kalikapur to 8B auto once again without the sense of ultimatum associated with it. This was before she fell in love again and visions and missions and takes changed, like everyone else's. But the tangents of taking all those shosta and ever so known autos are peaceful. I wonder if I was born at the wrong place or chose the wrong profession. Or maybe both.

In another write up, an IT professional wrote in the year 2010 while leaving for his ILP at Gandhinagar that he is giving himself the next 5 years and by the time it will be 2015, the city will have him back. I wonder what happened to him and his currents whereabouts too. Someday I would stalk him over social networking to find out. This also made me wonder, 5 years from leaving home, 2020! How would I be at 2020? Initial plan of 2020 is long forgotten (?) but then, I hope I would be able to order a medium Pizza and Fanta/Sprite on a Friday night in the year 2020, at a house which would be home and plan for a movie for Saturday before going off to sleep, peacefully. But then, dreams are dreams and not everyone has the luxury of everything because “you have the strength to go past all this” and just because you have the strength, you’d be abandoned. Yes babe!

So, how long can you keep a paper umbrella you loved? ‘Loved’ is a wrong word. You always love. When you love, you love. When I say ‘you’ I mean everyone but ‘you’. However, the current scenario shows tall buildings of glass around. These buildings are so horribly perfect that it makes me nauseous. And inside these tall glass buildings, people do random shit for random people and pretend to enjoy. Good for everyone. The only solace is. Maggi is BACK, little mercies of staple dinner till I die then!  Wonder if my sister is all so happy because she won’t have to share the Maggi and chanachur anymore with me or sad because I won’t be there to make us the fried version (which is the ONLY thing I can prepare decently). I wonder. Like I do, for a lot many things.  Uh Well. Dinner time then. Because I promised.


And as the sweet George Eliot said,
“What novelty is worth that sweet monotony where everything is known, and loved because it is known?

2 comments:

amrita said...

You can keep that umbrella for a lifetime :) Find a job in Kolkata - I always feel that's the best place to be - fly here there all over and then nest time :D

Abhishikta said...

I wish. Like i do for a lot many things. Kintu chailei pawa gele toh hoyei jeto!