Sunday, February 14, 2016

Chhotto Teep, Khola Chul, Halka Haashi, Holud Paanjabi, Oh Shohor! Por Por Premer Dudin Tomar. Mone Rekho :)

I do not know if it is good thing or bad when you start to think of your blog post title is ‘Vasant Panchami’ rather than ‘Saraswati Puja’. Or even when after wanting to write something on ‘Promise Day’, all you have is a sigh and go off to sleep.

First Saraswati Pujo that I missed, deserves a mention? Most definitely. Maa shifted the Pujo from my room to ek tola for her arthritis and ‘eka-eka-ami-parbona’. The thakur looked smaller this year. Nobody visited home and Maa went all sad. I have made it a resolution not to ever EVER miss Sarawati Pujo again, even if it costs my kidneys (bad joke? What would you rich people know!).Doddavare! I finally managed onjoli in this land of mixed breeds and horrible traffic, managed to wear yellow (and the gaal looked and are, GOL). The Puja grounds had all Bangalis and when we first heard the montro in Bangla from the crossing, we glee-ed and shouted and attracted Kannada attention. The ground had all Punjabi wale Bangali men (one look that still makes me LOOK at men) and very pretty Saari clad Bangali women, everyone talked in Bangla. There also were babies in dhuti and puchki saari-s for their haate khori. I was so much at peace that for once, I could close my eyes and still feel all Bangali. Add that to BhojoHori Manna and I could die in peace today that moment! I wonder how it must have been back home today? This also marks my second no Saari wala Saraswati Pujo. I can still remember those days when Saraswati Pujo evenings were all about Bihan's singing and Dyutiparna di's dancing at Aunty'r chhad. Or the random jhari. Or that one glimpse of THE one in Saari/Paanjabi. Ekhon shudhu 'mod hobe naki bhai?'. Too bad no? I know! But then, who would have known I would make it to this year Sarawati Pujo? Ei onek! Girl of little demands you see? That also reminds me, my lead said ‘girl kya? Baby hai team ki’ and that took me on a different tangent. Jak. Onek holo you also think no? Anyway.  Onek chubby cheeks too. 





Valentine’s week it was and by the time I post this it is going to be Valentine’s Day already. Forced Amit out of his meeting to get me a Silk on Chocolate Day because I did not have Maa around this time and the thought of buying me a chocolate on Chocolate Day (the only day of the Valentine’s Week I celebrate diligently) is utter depressing.  Tried coloring the entire team in red/pink/white on Friday and Thank You whoever listened to me and wore the colors, even the big boss who very convincingly nodded saying he forgot. So whom did I give little notes and chocolates for Valentine’s Day? The entire bunch of married MEN from the team who were rather amused at my ‘lets-celebrate-valentines’. And of course to my two saviors from GFT, one of whom again, spoils me on Kaju Barfi (Yes, I am very much aware of the gaal conditions right now what these chocolates and barfis are doing, YES).
Also went with Nivedita to this flower shopping for her boyfriend and the entire Bangalore seemed to be in a mood for flowers and chocolates. The place where I stay has these two cake and flower shops right beside and they were filled with couples, and everybody smiled for a change. Even the Multiplex grounds had people loitering around like Kumbh ka Mela (and no, this is not the case on every weekend) in red with red. Last year I decided to buy myself a watch and did. This year the plan was/is of phone because well, my phone is actually dead in all functionalities but then, when you are in such a broke state (have I already mentioned the no hike/ no promotion/salary decrease?), the resolution of gifting oneself something on 14th could take a toll. And what did I buy for myself this Valentine’s Day?
A 10 rupayee wala lighter. 

Happy Valentine’s Day.
Let there be more of Red and White and Pink =]
P.S. My first ever right at 12 chocolate by ze roomie :)