Thursday, July 7, 2016

Eid Mubaraq

Eid this year has been special, my first ever Roza wali Eid. Now for all those who don't know, fasting is not much of a big deal for me but skipping water is quite an impossibility. So this time, I did my three Roza-s, the way they should be done,  and for probably the first time in my life, I did something dedicated to the Gods without a million demands in return :)

I was extremely touched when I found a gift wrapped with a note saying "Aapki Eidi Memsaab" at my desk. I had just finished my lunch with a million bullet questions from Abhimanyu on my sudden stressed face (aisi kyu lag rhi ho) and yes, I was (read am) extremely stressed with the game of IT. I hope someday you get to experience the feeling of love and remembrance in an environment where you know 99% people are better than you, better established than you, and, hate you. Just that I've become too much of a stone to cry (even happy tears) these days but yes, I'm going to treasure the memory of this day forever, and hence the post of course. Narmada and Anju had been their sweetest best in remembering my "Eidi demands". Dippy eyed I became, totally.

This of course was followed by forbidden chocolates that we got from Denmark and the food at mosque road which would spoil you during Ramzaan. It indeed was a Mubaraq Eid for me this time. Little mercies truly. Cannot wait for Ulto Roth and homecoming now, before the horrible August comes to tear me apart again.

Eid Mubaraq everyone :)


2 comments:

amrita said...

This time the last day of ramadan and roth was on the sameday- As i scoured the south side of the town for Haleem, Uday uncle was mortified :) And am impressed with the no water fast :O
And happy ulto rath :)

Abhishikta said...

You know what? I tried having haleem but did not like the look of it
And yeah, no water Roza, quite an achievement for me :P

Jai Jagannath _/\_