Monday, June 24, 2019

427! Goodbye

I've been a sucker for well defined goodbyes.  For I've taken hope way too seriously for the vague ones.
I've been too bad with goodbyes anyway,  both ways.


Today was a Goodbye to Ushashree Pg turned Lakshmi Srinivasa Pg.  Not that I've been staying there for quite some time,  but today,  as N leaves,  it somehow is the defined last day, post which I cannot just land up at Marathalli,  go to the balcony and keep staring at the moon.
The dining space biiiiiig glass overlooking the city like I've always wanted from my house,  the left window overlooking the board that said Hyderabad that I've been staring at since June 2015, the balcony that has been the post Friday high destination for long songs,  the mid way maroon sofa for mushy sheltered night calls,  427 with Sunny Deol posters finally being taken off the wall, a room with million memories, takes its leave finally.


My first home away from home which I hated and loved,  just as much.

And to think of it,  somewhere,  a little above 500km,  another home loses its babies while little things of mine, little parts of me, goes down the dustbin as unnecessary, as well, which I thought would pull me back someday. Told you about undefined goodbyes and hope already ah?

That's a tale for another day.
My old mate,  Goodbye!

Oh dear heart!

How would I be there for you?
The rain's already pouring.

No comments: