Friday, November 5, 2021

Photos and Memories

Photographs

The importance or no importance if it in a world full of influencers and people wanting to document their lives.

A few weeks ago I visited one of my uncle's house where I saw this huge black and white album of old photos where my Pishis looked young and Amma looked like Bouma. Photos of few relatives who are no more, photos of me smiling wide and bald, my sister in objectionable clothes for a 20+ today but perfect for the 2 year old in photo. I was thinking if there were 300 variants of the same photo to choose from, if we would be happier, or just indifferent because, choices and backups.

Then there was this human I knew very close for almost 4 years of college and a year more but I have zero photos with. This is about a time when photos were a norm but sie was always too ashamed (embarrassed?). Ofcourse this human chose to leave. Hindsight I realise it is a good thing, for the lack of photos mean fading memory for me and my generation, mostly.

Then there was this human who would take a million screenshots, probably because sie wasn't as ashamed (embarrassed?). Good thing? Commits for a lifetime of bold memories since I intend to not lose this human? Who are we to ascertain! Petty humans.

But good memories are to be remembered even without photos. My uncle's generation would agree. But the shallow heart wonders, really??? 





No comments: