Saturday, October 1, 2022

30th September 2022


The day my mother retired after her 40 years of service.

My granddad loved telling us the story of how my mother was the single candidate selected in Mumbai interview for Doordarshan where people came from all over India. How she was the single person who wore Saari and chose 'Namaste' over ' Hello'. 

My mother has always been my inspiration, someone I try to copy in most of the professional life achievement possibilities, but mostly fail!

As the joke goes, I'm justa a 'paati guaduate' meye to a mother who has done

BSc

B(Lib)Sc

MA in Economics

MA in Political Science

Mass Communication

Diploma in French


All of this along with raising two particularly difficult daughters!

All of that, with impeccable sense of self worth!


I write this, beaming in pride

I write this, hoping for her new journey;

Of doing things so cool that it would be impossible for me to chase, again! 

Chapter New, everyday, Maa ❤️





No comments: