Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Shukh Pakhider Shesh Asroy Shonar Khachay


Madly Bangali certainly is the Bangla movie that I've watched the maximum number of times and every time, every time I watch it, I get really really upset. Over? I don't know what. I think there was some other post on this movie in this blog. I happened to watch it first right after class 12 boards. Those were tough times. My joint entrance results were out and my rank was mighty 42369! HS results were not out yet and the WBJEE did wonders to my confidence. YES.
I was not particularly impressed with the story line or the acting or anything for that matter. The songs however I have loved. Each song of the movie sets in a happy gloom. When they sang 'Tania' at the end of the movie, at JU, I had dreams of joining JUDE. I really got glittery eyed at the song. When they sang 'Koto ki korar chhilo j', today, I remembered that late night at the Bilaspur station when I was actually out of options but join some random Engineering college at Chattisgarh. 'Maula' is probably the only happy song of the movie which instantly makes me sad.
The endless blabbering this late at night absolutely testifies how deeply this movie touches me every time. Few months down the line when and if I leave town, I know I would be hearing the two specific city based songs of the movie over and over again. When I learned how to make the chord shapes on the Guitar, the only thing that I looked forward to was this move and its songs. Not that I am saying these are extremely wonderful or technical or difficult for that matter. Today, one winter later when I brought out the dusty instrument out of case, I played them again.
When, which class I don't remember, we had Solitary Reaper with the last 'the music in my heart I bore' line (or was it Solitary Reaper?)  our English teacher gave us an essay to write on the most influential song of your life. I had nothing to write. Back then I thought some high figh ingriji song would make me look all cool and hep and wrote something on those lines. I wish we were given that thing to write today. Now that this post is slightly taking how-school-was-better turn, I would rather finish it here. Not that you care. Not that I care.
Ting.


No comments: