Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Oh Strong People With Self Worth! * bows*

A woman called Sreemoyee Kasturi Banerjee writes THIS beautifully and is THIS strong!

"There is something you need to know about me, about why you hear only silence from a distance. It isn't that I don't care anymore, or that I don't love you just the same. But, when you're gone, I don't think of you. I don't remember all the happy afternoons, the delirious cab rides and out-of-focus nights. The songs we've danced on and the ones we've screeched out of drunken throats. No, I don't wallow in the grief of your absence. I simply get on with life. If I didn't, I wouldn't quite be whole and sound. You see, I don't do "Goodbye"s very well. Not even "See you later"s. 
I don't cry when I miss you, or call and chat you up. I ignore it and distract myself. Convincing you and me that it doesn't matter, because I don't want to talk to your electronic voice, see your stuttering image on a fifteen inch screen. I want you, happy and warm, in a lung crushing bear hug. I want you sitting in front of me, sharing an unsaid joke, with the gleam in our eyes. I want to hear your uninterrupted laughter, loud and clear, and I'll be part of your joy.
The thing is, I have all these unwritten letters, asking you how you are, what you've been doing. I won't write them, you won't receive them. You won't know you've been missed. You see, I don't do "Goodbye"s very well. Not even "See you later"s. "

No comments: