Friday, July 17, 2015

Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi :)

Some things happen only in movies they say. Such is this last scene. I remember watching Yeh Jawani Hain Deewani on the last exam day of 4th or 5th sem. The moment I watched it I could relate the character of Bunny with someone I had the HUGE-est crush on! I so wanted to watch the same movie again with the certain him, who, like Bunny, was too first world to watch a Yash Raj movie back then. Those were the days when I started to believe that movies take their ideas of characters and ideas from real life only. Today, right after office on a distant land, when I watch this movie again, at my rare empty room in my 4 sharing new found pseudo home, I cry buckets because today I know these things happen only in movies! The Bunnys in real life are too self sufficient to think of double tickets and too cruel to give away the fuel to live to people they have claimed to take to the moon. Sigh.



My friends would burst out in gyaan scenes at this and true, you cannot have everything. The good colleague has rightly told me “Zindagi ka 25% tumhara best beeta hai, ab jitnabura ho raha hai toh complain matt karo, harr samay achha nahi ho sakta” and hence I complain a little less these days. Even at the 6.5months of no looking at specific shops, I complain not.
Since it is Friday night and I have very little readers, I will write about two women who have scared me to death. Ankita and Aritri however reassured me and my sick  sudden worries with “Ami niye jabo hospital”.

Story1:
A woman called Miss Meera Bagchi! She lived sometime in the 1940s. A shy school teacher, who refused to marry because she wanted to take care of her widowed mother and siblings. After  trucking off all the responsibilities correctly, the woman died all alone inside her big house at around 70, all alone. In those days of no mobiles phones, the relatives got to know about it after a week, the neighbours, after 3-4days.

Story2:
A woman called Miss Kalpana Bhanja. Spent her whole life giving away Oscar winning dialogues like “Open the window let the environment come inside the class” died within one week of her breast cancer being discovered because she had no one to take care of or notice, or instruct, or guide to a doctor.

I can be horribly pessimistic and repulsive I know and I do not give a damn about anybody’s judgment anymore. Except for Maa who will probably not like the incompleteness and a LOT of Bollywood is in store in the next 10-15years. Ah we shall see. Soon -_-
The only good thing that I got in 2015 are my Pune Peeps (When I say Pune, I include Mumbai and BTM) who call me in the middle of the night and do not get irritated if I sound too broken or high. Something for everyone yes! Not for too long though. There are a few hot scenes happening at Pune these days and I wish I could be there to get the little laughs, Thank God for the free phones and their patience.

Also, I am looking forward to March where I will cry the Happy Tears when the childhood friend ties the knot. Also to Kochi that has a purple house which exactly matches home! Life is good? Not exactly but do we have a choice? I have already gained a few kilos and Aunty said its depression. Cholbena toh!!!! Abhimanyu was stern on’ Apni Khushi Apne Haath’ and Sejuti has a patent ‘O parle tui o parbi’, yet, the heart wants what the heart wants! For now however, the heart wants a little respect after the major insult slaps. So here’s to the unachievable Red Saari-Red Bindi day, the already Gypsy life where you drink 2 bottles of beer right in front of your Team Lead, for free, and he points you to another bottle, with rabbit meat, saying, ‘Sharmao matt’. Cheers!

Also, 
Eid Mubaraq! Dua mein yaad rakhna _/\_

2 comments:

amrita said...

The purple house awaits - and so do I :) And the only cure to lose weight is to be happy -not an easy task though,but worth a try. And movies are a twist in the tales of life. Stay blessed- hope my prayers work :)

Abhishikta said...

They always do :) _/\_