Sunday, May 8, 2016

Khud Hi Toh Hai Hum, Kinaare...

Mother’s Day, 
not exactly saat samundar paar but yeah, 1946 kilometers, distance enough.
I was browsing through the May blogs of the last two years and found nothing on Mother’s day. Maybe I never felt this day like this, before today (and when I say today I mean Saturday) when I woke up with yesterday’s ‘see-what-you’ve-missed’ feelings and then BANG, my middle finger decided to tear itself apart ((and it had to be that finger da). Okay Okay, I made it sound too dramatic but to welcome Mother’s Day with injections all by me self made me realize how much we need people, mother’s to be more specific, around. 

All my Oh-I-can-manage-on-my-own shit almost rattled yesterday after something I have promised not to bring up, and absolutely went down the Hoogly today when I had to go visit the doctor alone (then of course Smita, Nivedita came to my rescue). The roommates rushed to the medical store for initial first aid and I realized how important it is to have people in your life. Lucky are the people who have people who stay irrespective of better options or the perfect people who are the keepers/takers. The living all by myself is not a great idea after all. Ankita and Aritri, for you two too.
And then there was the mother dearest who made sure I eat, made sure I get dressing, made sure I get the tetanus, even though she sits far away and worries away to glory for this and everything that is wrong in my life, which again is, everything.

I would never NEVER dare to be a mother, I would not be that great, I cannot be that great. Plus single motherhood adoption rules. But then, first every eka treatment, check. Such jor kore boro howa and all that jazz apart, manageable stuff, minus the jor!

Okay enough bhaat,
Happy Mother’s Day.
I wish Dida was around for this day and the gifts made her soooper happy.
Also, I think it’s time to delete a number that says ‘Aaaaaaphrika’. The mother would be slightly happy maybe. For now. Ouch my hands! :[  

Also kinare, ‘cause my Pune peeps reminded me of it ^_^
I wish I was a part of the Music festical today, there.

Did I mention I had this most amazing lunch dessert session in the middle of rain on Friday from 4-6pm? So we have this mid tech Park food joint and if you're lucky you will get the seats beside the fountains. And if you are luckier, it'll start to rain, you won't be able to reach back to your tower. Good people, good music, rain, pizza, ice cream. It so made up for the bad Friday start. Kinare...
and the CCD beside will have lanterns that will swing in the rhythm of the breeze and you won't hate Bangalore so much at such evenings. It would be dark and cloudy and clouds would depress you but then...
Kinare.




2 comments:

amrita said...

Boro hoye gele toh :) That's good and sad both - but take care and much love as always :D

Abhishikta said...

Buddhi ho gaye! Jor kore boro howa r ki :S