Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Phir Se Diwali, Bina Ghar Wali




Back in 2014, I had shared this video because I found it so nice. 2 years later when I watch the same video again, on a lone Tuesday holiday afternoon, it touches me deep inside and chokes me in a way that Shahrukh’s disease revelation scene in Kal Ho Na Ho did.

So Diwali 2016.


I was so sure last year during this time that I would SHOMEHOW move back to Kolkata by the next Diwali and now, here I am, exactly where I was, with zero change in life, except for the addition of a few extra kilos and ice cream!


Why I would remember this Diwali?

Anju suddenly got us hand painted Diya’s after working on it till 1am (consider the fact that she wakes up at 5 every day and travels 2+2 hours daily to work). And without any exaggeration, I accept, this task needs a LOT of patience, when I tried doing the same, I gave up at the first stroke of brush :D




Narmada gave me the happy guilt of choco lava. And that too after lunch, and that too after continuous ice cream dose. I was so happy to see her happiness at the arrival of the sister from Singapore. Home :’)



I was so happy to atleast give Abhimanyu competition in bowling. And to come home in a bullet with the whoooosh of the wind in the chill of Bangalore. Someday I would own one B-)





Ashokji  got us chocolates (and yes, all my friends here are determined to keep the fat in me, on) and crackers. I was glad that like home, there is someone to listen to the silent abdaars. Add this to Karnataka -Tamil Nadu tiff and Ulsoor strike :3


This Diwali was also when I first did my fairylight shopping.  The lights were pretty and over priced (Hello Bangalore) but it certainly made me very happy for some time. I remember not buying the same last year because ki r hobe. So YAY, this time ^_^



KaliThakur was a little too angry I guess because even after pulling Nivedita(Dhanyavaad :D) to the far and only Kali Pujo I could find, I could not see her face and we could not wait because with love, comes certain restrictions sadly. Also Thank God she was there with me for the 4 days when everyone else went home :(



That followed by Subhayan! Oh God he looks likes a ket NRI now and talks with an accent. I was so glad I could make fun of his bidesh  tinted dress wala coat. Subhayan, the sadist in me wants you to watch the video above and cry a little like I did :P


It also was the first time perfect Rangoli with Nishita. Consider the fact that there was unnecessary early morning travelling from part to the other distant part of Bangalore. Thank God EVERYONE went off from Bangalore on Friday night itself and there was ZERO traffic, except for unlucky (broke) people like us. That also meant my plan to skip the all Bongs meet for lunch  that afternoon went down the Hoogly, sorry Kaveri. So it also was the first time we got a cab that looked like biye barir gari  and the mahaan Piyadi got inside with bhaiya kisika shaadi tha? The man gave us very dirty looks and no wonder he refused the final U turn to the destination :D




That and Aye Dil Hai Mushkil. I would do a review soon but Urdu is so damn sexy. Mujhse Pehli SI Mohabbat Mere Mehboob Na Maang. Uff! And cracker buying where a chhoto tarabati  is 100 bucks (Hello Bangalore). My favorite part of the weekend was probably when at 10:30 in the night, this nice autowala agreed to take us (4 people and a cake and crackers and food packets) for just a distance of 5 minutes. I was in charge of paying and coming inside so I wished him Happy Diwali while he was going. He stopped his auto and said “Happy Diwali Madam, Very Happy Diwali Madam, Bohot achha laga sun k, Happy Diwali Madam’. And he left. I was so happy. Genuine happy wishes and for what. Sweet :’)


The night that followed I remember vague. Piyadi and I as usual wasted a lot in our experiments and Arjoda was thanked immensely. So Diwali was not that bad you see. Much better than the last year and the coming year. However, certain things that you keep seeing and hearing from here and there would definitely hurt you but bleh.



Also, LOOK how pretty my house looked this Diwali, like every Diwali *_*

No comments: