Wednesday, December 29, 2010

In our times...


I remember being disgusted at the off and on dialogues by elders which mostly said "aajkal kar bachchara..." and "aamader shomoy toh..." I mean, I cared a damn about how things used to be and gave a flying F about how things have changed over the years.

I have been discussing with Sir a few days ago about Rim, her cousin, and how paka she is as a class VII kid who is not a kid anymore and as far as I remember, neither were we. We tend to forget that 'we' did quite a few disgusting deeds back in those kiddish days... leaving apart the class VII nonsense, my cousin, a class III kid, yes, I too was a kid in class III taught me a few disgusting slangs a few days back as well. Now this came as a complete shock to me and today all of a sudden Shreemoyee's text made me write rather blabber out all this which has stopped making sense to me as well. Okay, the text says...
"Amra ato stupid chilam, amar mone ache amra class III a after school line korar shomoy ring around the rosies kheltam but ajkal kar bacha gulo ki oshobhor moton paka hoye che. Bad babies shob.
ov, ring around the rosies, pocket full of posies, ashes ashes thay all fall down :-) :-* "

And I think we have grown up after all and finally "our time" has become a different era to the recent times where my class VII's cousin uses a mobile phone more than I do...

Change change change... all good :)

No comments: