Tuesday, August 21, 2012


An amazing Saga of loss.
The forever best Kishore Kumar songs.
The amazing (nyaka though) characters.
AMAR PREM!



I have forever khili-fied Sir for being such a Bangla and English movie buff but the woman has no idea whatsoever about Sooryavansham and Mera Naam Joker and Anand and Khoobsurat and Satyam Shivam Sundaram and Kabhie Kabhie and what not.
A month ago Nandan celebrated the golden era of Uttam Kumar and the movie we decided to go for was “Nishi Poddo”. Neel pointed that this particular movie does not have any commercial print and the Amar Prem is its Hindi Version. To spoil the plan came the mass viral fever and we obviously could not go for the movie.
Now this is a rather embarrassing confession but I had not seen Amar Prem till today. The only movie that Sir pointed to me whenever I said she should rather die than live without watching Sholay EVER was this.
So while the nonsense college tomorrow demands me to wake up at 7:50, I watched THE movie till 4 and write this till 4:15 and after a long long time Amar Prem made me post.


P.S. Rajesh Khanna k ki bhalo dekhte.
P.P.S. Sharmila Tagore had such a lovely figure.

2 comments:

amrita said...

Amar Prem like many other mush machines is a muss see :P
I recently had the opportunity to watch Sharmila is play at GDB and she is still elegant and graceful > ahead of her times she has what I admire in a woman boldness, beauty and having a head well screwed on her slim shoulders!
the best thing 'bout Amar prem ofcourse is the prem (lol) between the 2 protagonist ! And Kishore's songs ! thanks 4 reviving the memories , must catch that over the week end !

Abhishikta said...

yes! an amazing movie it is. I wonder why it took me so long to finally watch it :P