Saturday, October 6, 2012



“Bura Jo Dekhan Main Chala
Bura Na Milya Koi
Jo Mann Khoja Aapna
Toh Mujhse Bura Na Koi”

There was once a time during the growing up years of blame games when I first heard this ‘doha’ from Maa and I need not mention that she explained the meaning too. I never, as a matter of fact NEVER read/ wrote Hindi except for the three exams at school every year. Maa always read out the stories that were there in the syllabus the day before exam and THUS I still have no idea of whether to use the “Badi e” or “Chhoti e” in whichever spelling.

 Having a Mamabari at Madhya Pradesh made me over confident about my Hindi skills, I never cared to read things myself and thus the spellings always pulled my marks down. (But to the person who thinks ‘pheeka’ is stale, I knew and still know MORE of Hindi :D )

So as I was saying, Mahalaya is almost here, Momma is on a super cleaning spree AGAIN! :@
From somewhere came out this book of “Kabir k Dohe” and I reread the only ‘doha’ that I know absolutely correctly.

“If you need someone to blame
Throw a rock in the air
You'll hit someone guilty ”

And if you just thought this post is about something concrete and leading to something even more concrete. Bleh :P




7 comments:

amrita said...

I seem to like everything that you write :) The joys of aimlessness- enjoy ! I am sure all this has a shelf life and you will have too many things on the platter to indulge in musings .

PS > Absolutely empathize with the super cleaning spree :) Dreading the pig sty when I get back home after a month :(

Abhro said...

:P and,

http://en.bab.la/dictionary/hindi-english/%E0%A4%AB%E0%A5%80%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%BE

Abhishikta said...

make Abhro do all the cleaning once you come :P

and tall cow, ota self created webpage huh :D
all these J2EE skills apply korle toh hobena ;)

amrita said...

Did Abhro try Pheeka ? His Hindi used to be a nightmare ...always bordering on pass marks and he being the nightmare of his Hindi teachers !

Abhishikta said...

yes. and "pheeka" = STALE :P
that was his hindi translation for "netiye jawa phuchka" :D

amrita said...

My Hindi improved in the bargain :))) even I know it's Seela and not Pheeka! :P:P
BTW lie the name of the blog :)))

Abhishikta said...

:)