Friday, October 4, 2013

'Dugga Dugga'




No matter how much we try and be or pretend to be or just be excited about Pujo a year before the Pujo, the voice of Birendra Krishna Bhadra on the Mahalaya morning really marks the start of the Pujo Pujo feel. Whatever I said is nothing new and every facebook status says the same thing? Who said this post is unique?

Last year I remember having my second round of viral fever 2 days before the Mahalaya. I was really down and ill. Somehow the sound of this morning perfection lifted my soul for those two hours. This year again, there has been a lot going on. People are either too happy or too sad. There was a general gloom in every near and dear and known and similar person around me for academic or personal reasons. But then again came the Mahalaya. I have no idea how is the mood of the rest of them, but today, for today, just today, I am happy.

Maa leaves for a few days today evening and I have a not so good class in an hour. A dear friend could not get through the interview round of her much expected job. Pailan has been giving us bad times like the last three years. Oh yes we have internals on tritiya and choturthi,.  And my academic scenario, let’s not get into that. Amidst all these, when Maa called at 4:05 to say 4te beje gechhe and I received her call with a swollen, watery and red left eye, I was plain happy. Dada living next door played his radio sets so loud that I did not even have to get up and switch on mine. This time probably every household plays the same thing unmistakably.

I don’t ever remember hearing the entire Mahalaya. I have my specific favourites though that I never miss half asleep, half awake. The problematic eye this time did make me stay awake for a longer time than usual years. I don’t know when I fell asleep again. That is a happy feeling. This also is the last Pujo before graduation and the little pessimism in me says next year, Pujo would be incomplete. So, as I was telling Sudipto yesterday night, let’s forget all the future woes for the next few days. Pujo is year. Finally!

As the mikes would continue saying the same old

Subho Sharodiya’s Preeti Shubhechha O Obhinondon 
May all be well
'Dugga Dugga'

2 comments:

amrita said...

oh lovely ! amar moner moton :) dugga dugga !

Abhishikta said...

ashchhe bochhor abar nahoy :P