Saturday, September 5, 2015

Tel Maalish :)

This is going to be a long and nonsense post. You may not read.

Friday nights, other than the Anu Kapoor show with old songs and the inevitable rains, also has a champi compulsion. Last month I ditched the good old Parachute coconut oil for Bajaj Almond oils. Yes, the sanity of the post is lost from the third line itself. What I wanted to say is, the oil champi-s always remind me of Dida. Half of my life woes would have vanished had she been with us today. The sincere “Pray kore dio” to her for everyone small or big trouble and the effective God connections have been saving me since forever (When I say forever, I mean forever, and yes, I am old that way, I know you’ve always known that. Well). So the oil massage reminded me of Dida who would take liters of hairoil, put it all on the scalp and say ‘ki groom beta tomar mathata, roj tel lagabi!’. I wonder if she would be able to forgive me when I won’t be able to wear the Matarani pendant on a certain day. Jak, talking of champi-s, my Mother is horrible at it. Shob chul tene shesh kore debe, and how much she used to be jealous when I said Dida is better than her! And this fun song :')



Oh Maa being the ONLY guardian angel of my life, saved me from the lonely birthday at an overrated city this time. I absolutely detest my birthday for more than a reason but then, waking up in your room, getting all pampered by Mommy and getting to meet the best friend, who has put on weight (yay! I am not the only one) at the dreamland of gate no4 is amazing. The Kolkata visit after three months was beautiful and expensive, but beautiful nonetheless. Met everyone who was in town, Olivia, Sujoy, his bou (THIS would be reality), Aritri, Shreemoyee, Subhayan, Munnididi. Buchu almost stayed for the entire span of 4days. Maa was in tears when she saw me at the airport while not a drop came out of my eyes. I have become bloody insensitive I realize. Passed Mani Square and all those known lanes of long walks kind of drowned me bad. I was also under the impression that the neat and planned Bangalore yellow lights look the best at night from up above but Kolkata surprised me again. Yes, the lights were not properly arranged and yes the lights were clumsy but the huge chunk of white lights just before landing made them seem like the night sky full of stars.

I kept on pinching myself, YES I was home and I did not want to return back to all of this pretention, ever.  But someone told me once, “you are not meant for this” and I have to prove him that I am not meant for a LOT many other ugly things as well, but like those, I shall take this on as well, without bothering anyone. The city looked lovely and I was so happy that absolutely NOTHING has changed. Except for the heat that I felt after 3 months of Bangalore. Naak uchu-ness much, Shit. That night when I was giggling with Olivia like teenage girls, recently in love, I wished we were, back to those days, the stories of which we were remembering oh so fondly. When people were less selfish and more honest. I miss myself mostly these days. True. My sister kept on mentioning how fat I’ve become while Maa and Buchu were adamant on shundor chehara hoyechhe. A part of me knew nothing really matters anymore, except for the XS and S sized brand new Pujo clothes which won’t fit maybe.

The room’s lights being turned off, I cannot shit talk any further. Good riddance? I really feel like one of those women who die alone, with lots of cats, and lots of journals, when I write aimlessly and randomly like this. Ki r kora jbe. I go back to my customary Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani Iand contemplating while you can watch your Ket movies now. Happy Weekend all you potential hospital takers amar!

P.S. Happy Janmashtami. Aunty would say ‘Radhe Radhe Shyam Milade’, like she wrote on that envelope, at the context of Krishna, who of course, never quite acknowledged Radha.
P.P.S. A very Happy Teachers’ Day to my lovelies.


40days to home now. *fingers crossed*
And, laal chul, Check.

2 comments:

amrita said...

The auburn looks great - and Radhe radhe :)

Abhishikta said...

Thank you! :)