Monday, December 12, 2016

Wax Doll



There she stood
Beautiful, spotless,
Virgin stature of perfection.
Oh touch her not!
Oh tease her not!
My wax doll so dear.

So I kept it safe
For years together
For years to come,
From known attackers and sweet knives,
From disasters, from horrors,
Situations, scenes and people too strong.

Then it came one day
Calling itself 'life'
Arms wide open; intentions, unclear
With one face of hope
And the other so ugly,
Oh so ugly my dear.

To it's storm, 
To it's fire, 
I lost. 
But my darling won.
Put up a fight that would remain unknown
Scars, that would not be shown.

But to realise.
The wax doll that has always been
Is actually; steel within.
And I hope
Oh so much;
That THAT, wasn't just a dream.

-Abhishikta

4 comments:

Sejuti said...

Waaaaooo..

Unknown said...

This is exceptionally beautiful and so touching @abhishikta. I would love to read more.

Unknown said...

Seriously WOW!

Unknown said...

Seriously WOW!