Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Of '09





















the title is directly lifted from Debayudh's profile....


no... I won't write about the much cursed summer of '09 (as Debayudh calls it) but yeah Shreemoyee's call last night made me realize that this actually is our last summer vacation.....
I know that they have vacations at colleges as well but nothing like school vacations during summer with nothing to study (for students like us), at times boring, at times full of adda... but this year... is the last time for all of that...........


Life has been tough for the last one and a half year.... with school becoming more of torture and less of 'life', with friends turning to persons i never knew..... but somewhere somehow... the 2nd last day of the last summer vacation of my life rather 'school life' is making me sad and nostalgic and what not.....



10 years from now... i might sing the bryan adam's song and remember today and the summers that have passed by...
  • with movies being watched
  • with 'mela's being visited
  • with icecreams and 'kulfi's everyday
  • with sweat and sums being synonymous
  • with loadsheddings
  • with 'aila'
  • with hours over the phone
  • with nights over orkut and facebook
  • with storybooks and poems
  • with some new linkups
  • with some breakups
  • with election and traffic
  • with "choitro sale"
  • with 'bikeler hawa'
  • with 'dilse' and 'between the sheets'
  • with friends
  • and a hell lot of togetherness


I love you all... whoever was/is with me, for me, whosoever in whatsoever way.... Thank you all.



This summer has been special... very special in its own small way.... and thank you every one for making it worth remembering hamesha.... muaah



Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u do made me nostalgic remembering all gud old days.. n yeah dis is our last summer vacation before de nightmare....
u peopl r so special to me...my scul,my second home is so special...its a part of our life...il miss my scul,my classes,my frenz a lot..
b in touch....love u foreva..muahhh...

Amlan Guha said...

Do you actually know what the song Summer of '69 was about?