Friday, February 24, 2012

The date was 15th of February 2008
The first day of our Madhyamik exam.
I still remember Maa, who was extra early, extra punctual, extra casual (fake try) on that day, even took a month long leave from work, before my exam.  I got princess treatment throughout!
The first paper was Bangla 1
Satabdi and I came out first from Gokhale, our examination center.
We laughed out loud when we saw anxious and worried and surprised= weird look on Maa's and Aunty's face, as if we have miraculously survived something which we were not supposed to.
Random Auntys and Uncles hovered with 'kemon holo' and 'kemon holo'. We decided to carefully avoid the news people who were pouncing upon any bakra out from the first day of Madhyamik.

 Few years down the line I will probably wait with outside one such school with mazaa and the same funny face.
















While coming home the rj was talking to some student's Mommy whose Madhyamik started today. She was literally freaking out. I looked at Maa and smiled.
How I wish I had those 3 extra marks which I did not get
*sigh*
And All the best everyone :)

3 comments:

amrita said...

This made me relive my madhyamik Day 1 in 1979 (!!!) I used to study in Gokhale and though no one asked me "kemon holo"? the rest of the feeling's almost universal...Thanks for jogging my memory..and love your straight-from- the -heart speak!!

Shrabasti Banerjee said...

I'm in such a reminiscingnostalgic mood right now. Your post is incredibly timed :). Haha, Madhyamik. Before our History exam Samraagnie was running around manically looking for a copy of Jiban Mukhopadhyay and consequently asking people "Jiban achey? Jiban achey?" and Madhura Basu, already stretched to breaking point, finally exclaimed: "Amra ki mora?!!" :D :D :')

Abhishikta said...

*much love* to both of you :)
and yes Shrabasti! those were the days! (this suddenly makes me feel old :O :P )