Monday, April 30, 2012

Software is NOT Engineering!

A random Dadu commented at the Auto stand
"Software ta abar Engineering naki?
Engineering manei Mechanical r Civil"
And this reminded me Titoo's remark two years back when he said that he firmly believes that JU and other colleges of equal strata should stop giving BE degrees to CS and IT department and stick to B-Tech degrees. Bachelor of Technology would do but Bachelor of Engineering for the software engineers? Certainly NOT.


And after a frustrating (2 days prior to Sem ) morning with the newly bought 'Organiser' I am behaving like my Didi (who always told me during school days, "tor classs ta r emon ki? Amar class ta beshi kothin")

Ah yes! Software is not engineering my friend.
It is SUICIDE


1 comment:

amrita said...

brought a smile on my face :) :)....
all the best !