Friday, March 21, 2014

21st March! World Poetry Day!

So today is the International Poetry Day. I got to know about the existence of such a day after I logged into facebook today.

I used to think I am quite a Poetry Stud (I don't think something like that exists! Judge me again) at school before I got to know others, quite a reality check that. Then came other this' and thats.

Yesterday we had a small communication practice at the German class where we were asked to introduce ourselves using the 5-6 points given to us. The last point being hobby. And I had no idea what to say. So what exactly is my hobby? Watching tv? Sleeping? Reading? Chatting? Surfing net? Painting? WHAT? I mean, I do none of these with the passion that one needs to pursue ones hobby with. In fact, I do nothing ever. Useless? Aimless? Boring? Yes I am and you are not welcome if you are here to judge me.

I thought I would say watching the rain or something more vague, thinking or, dreaming. By the time my turn came, I said writing. I just knew the German of writing. Hence. Counter question from the teacher being, writing what? And Ma'am gave me the German of story and because I asked, Deutsch of poetry too.

 And since she did. And since I somehow still am extremely proud of all that I wrote, and since I have a condition called I Complex eating my head these days, and also since today is World Poetry Day, I post the last line of a poem I wrote in 2007! Those were the days when I used to weave my stories :')

Don't judge me. Or maybe, do what you feel like.

"...
Will you always hold my hand
Even if I fail (you) in life's game?
Will you remember all these promises
When things will not be the same?"

-14th of September 2007
12:20 am

2 comments:

amrita said...

World poetry day ? I used to love poetry too many many moons ago !But those lines are very meaningful ...and will remain so even when you are 80...though the context may change :):)

Abhishikta said...

right you are. alas!