Monday, November 2, 2015

Karon Shohor Ta K Boddo Bhalobashi

Leaving home is never easy and never has been, at least for me. Especially when the sudden round trips cost you your entire month’s salary! Today happens to be my last day in the city and I see no homecoming for the next four long months. I have always believed that Titoo has been exaggerating about the influence that Madly Bangali has on the day before you leave home, but today, when it has been the classical case of “Tomar holo shuru amar holo shara” with him, the holiday starting and ending bit, I got back to Madly Bangali, the movie that once stopped me from going away to the much too near Chhattisgarh for B-Tech. Today it cannot hold me back, nothing possibly can. I wish I could curl up in my purple house and my purple tinted room today, forever and just stay! Just stay!


Someday I am going to be good enough for the city to take me in, to accept me. Someday for sure. Inshallah! SO, another solo fight begins and I do not wish to go. Especially this time. NOT this time, LORD no! And here comes the much too known debate on the progress of Kolkata on the IT sector and/or the influence of politics on the entire scene. How the entire new generation is out of the city and every footage, every ad, every photograph that represents Kolkata has middle aged Kakima’s doing Thakur Boron or old aged Dadu’s smiling over a haari of roshogolla! An entire generation, my generation slogging far far away (some by choice of course). I wish things could change. I’m talking too morkot aha? While Kolkata sleeps and I count my last few hours here, I realize that there is nowhere in the world I’d rather wish to be. But then, not everyone is luky with wishes. See you soon my love. 

Elam, shohor.


2 comments:

amrita said...

Will be waiting for you :) and I hope to make it Bangalore sometime soon - JGD :)

Abhishikta said...

Yesh :)
Jai Gurudev :)