Saturday, November 14, 2020


Staying out of Kolkata by choice and coming home for Durga Pujo mandatorily for the last 5 years, also mandated, that I miss Kali Pujo. The house would be lit like a happy bride, the father would endlessly put lights on the last possible corner, the sister would click and the mother would send me photos which I would look at in awe, and become terribly sad. 

This year, after 5 years, I am beyond emotional just to be able to put diyas on the boundary walls, just to be able to click photos myself, just to be able to eat sweets that I did not buy. 

Lights did guide me home this time. Knocking wood and tripping over Diwali lights.

Thankful beyond words!

Hope you all had a safe and happy Diwali. 

May the lights of your lives, stay, beyond today ❤️



No comments: