Monday, September 15, 2014

Love Will Keep Us Alive?!

I would be writing another one on love and if you think I have no other work, well yes you are right and you are most welcome to go away. If you think I am boring and lack topics, you are allowed to find a more interesting substitute and do me a favour by not reading. Rest of the world. Read on.

There are things and moments ad gestures that at times leave a permanent impact on you. There are also moments which make you go all glittery eyed for others. I would like to write about two such things and end up with a fairy tale. All three of the same family tree. The first two tales I write to remind me about the love that I have doubted for quite some time. It does exist. People have their moments. I had mine and will have again. Inshallah

Tale 1:


Well, this is more of a picture story of a woman who has been widowed at an age when she was not supposed to. She is strong, confident and responsible. Has raised up her two daughters to perfection and continues to be the man of the family, not by choice of course. So here is a photo of her youth. This is also the story of a man who could not see his daughter look all pretty on the TV screen and interview superstars. He is a good father whose shirt is still preserved, altered and worn by the darling daughter during her first ever placement. The couple in the middle. The picture clearly shows it is one of those family photos that our parents used to click back in the days of khachak cameras. Notice the way her husband is trying to adjust her ‘aanchol’ back on her head to match up the sync of the other two daughter-in-laws of the house. So, this is just a picture that says a thousand words. Look at the subtle concerned look on his half visible face and the innocence in hers. And you said marriages are sad? I pity you and your take on life. I have seen very sad marriages and it takes a lot to sustain one. I am sure they also had a lot of troubles, fights, adjustments and all that every NORMAL couple face. However, this one picture sums up for all the happiness-sadness sharing vows that people exchange in weddings. I know I am over dramatising but I do not care.  I am just at peace to see atleast some got their fair share of responsibility and life sharing. I wish it lasted longer. That again is another story for some other day.

Tale 2:


This is a recent incident that I witnessed which brought back my hopes. The tale of a much judged boy and a more judged girl. He won’t leave a chance to pull her leg about the suburb she lives at and she won’t forget to share even that last piece of restaurant fish that he missed eating before. Sweet? I’ll tell you a sweeter story. At some context of smoking, she was asked if she minds if he smokes. She claimed he never smokes. Because? She told him ONCE that her father expired at an early age because he smoked too much and she does not appreciate smoking, it makes her afraid of losing the people she loves or values and that was all that took to refrain him from smoking. So, if you were judging him on the introduction I gave, think again. If you are judging her for putting up her idea of a perfect man to him, think again. Honestly, they don’t give a flying fuck even if you do though. However, let me come up with my conclusion. When you are in love, it gives you a sense of having rights over a person. Don’t mix up having rights on someone over ownership. Ownership is sad. Remember that line from the title track of ‘U Me Aur Hum’ that says ‘ek duje pe apna haq toh ho kabza na ho’. These two instantly reminded me of that song the other day. I was so dippy eyed. I am sure he would not let anyone say a wrong word to her, I am sure she would leave the world just to bring one smile to his face (ready to sacrifice pujo jama counts?). So, although this was a small incident that I exaggerated, I wish these two all the best for whatever that comes next (read birthday Lunch) on the path of love.
                                                       
Fairytale:


I thought I would write about them in December after they are married. Nevermind. Here is the story of my favourite couple. They celebrated their 10th anniversary of being together on 31st October 2013 and would be marrying off this December. As her sister remarked, they are getting married because they want to, not because of social or parental pressure. I could have hugged them that moment. So the prince charming of the story has been a school topper and consistently doing well, going to colleges and cities that claim to host the hottest of women. The princess of the story looks like the heroine of a Victorian novel. And their story revolves in long distance. She would come back from work very tired, set up alarm at a particular time at night when he called every night, sacrificed her sleep mid way, night after night, just to talk. He would finish his day’s assignment and all that top notch Engineering and Management colleges has in store to grill the students and still share every possible detail. Year after year. They were never bored of each other, never gave up, never felt unsure. She leaves her job this month just to be with him for atleast a year after marriage before she joins back, he takes transfer to Kolkata just to keep her happy and near her mother after wedding. So there is equal amount of sacrifice and compromise from both sides. And I know you would not like the two words with-fice but when there is love, everything else gets overshadowed. Batchmates and classmates and lifemates. I have never seen a more perfect couple. I am sure there have been hitches and problems but in the end, it all sums up in togetherness. Of course they have a long long way to go but the initial years were just so inspiring. If I had to ask for all the lucks for one couple it would have been them. I have hardly known a guy who is more loving, caring, adjusting. I have hardly known a girl who trusted, adjusted on the other end of the phone with such love. Awww these two. Love shall keep you two alive and together. Forever. Touchwood  

No comments: